Locken becomes an access control provider for VEOLIA
In late 2016, Veolia selected Locken as its access control supplier for all its public service delegations (DSPs) across France. As a leader of clean water storage and distribution, Veolia supplies 1.66 billion cubic metres of drinking water to 23 million people across France every year. The company manages 2,257 drinking water sites and 1,932 wastewater treatment plants.
Importance of access control in the water sector
In the water industry, sites are extremely scattered and subject to difficult weather conditions. The Locken solution is the ideal response to these challenges:
- The electronic cylinders are certified as resistant to the effects of extreme weather.
- With contactless technology, the keys are immune to the inevitable oxidation in damp environments.
- The Locken key supplies the powerto the cylinder and assigns the access rights. In other words, there is no need to hardwire doors – a key benefit in Veolia’s most isolated facilities.
Other challenges at Veolia’s sites include:
- Drinking water sites are classed as critically important so security must be safeguarded under all circumstances. Veolia thus opted for the Bluetooth key for its real-time access control and enhanced security. The key is connected to the agent’s smartphone via Bluetooth and, in turn, to the centralised access management software (LSA), which assigns the access rights.
- Veolia’s sites often house telephone and energy operator equipment, which requires access for maintenance. With just one key, the Locken access control solution streamlines operations.
Locken’s solution improves security at sensitive sites without door wiring, working around the mobility and multiple-use requirements specific to Veolia Water's activities. Bluetooth technology, coupled with a smartphone app, is particularly popular to distribute access rights on the ground
Vincent Govelet, Procurement Officer at Veolia
Locken’s electronic key access control solution is based on the contactless induction technology patented by the Iseo Group. Advantages for the user include the fastest opening times of any wireless access control system and exceptional ruggedness with no contact between the key and cylinder.
They have selected Locken